Hypertensive Heart Disease is a condition that develops over a period of many years when people have unmanaged high blood pressure. It can cause several heart problems, including conduction arrhythmias and heart failure. Read below to learn how the best heart specialists in Mukundapur diagnose and treat the condition.
Before we dive into the diagnosis and treatment of hypertensive heart disease, let us first take a look at its warning signs and symptoms.
- Pressure or tightness in the chest
- Chest pain (angina)
- Pain in the back, neck, shoulders, and arms
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent cough
- Swelling in the ankles and legs
- Loss of appetite
If you are experiencing these symptoms, you must reach out to the best cardiac surgeons in Mukundapur for further evaluation.
How do cardiologists diagnose hypertensive heart disease?
The best heart specialists will go through your medical history and conduct the following tests to diagnose hypertensive heart disease.
- Electrocardiogram: It records and monitors your heart’s electrical activity. Your doctor will interpret the results of the test to offer a diagnosis.
- Exercise stress test: It checks how performing exercises affects the heart.
- Coronary Angiography: The test examines the flow of blood in your arteries. The top cardiologists will offer a diagnosis after analyzing the results of this test.
- Echocardiogram: With the help of an ultrasound, an echocardiogram is performed to diagnose hypertensive heart disease.
How do cardiologists treat hypertensive heart disease?
Cardiologists treat hypertensive heart disease based on the severity of your symptoms. Through their treatments, they prevent the clotting of blood, lower cholesterol, and improve the blood flow to the heart.
Some of the common medications that are offered for the treatment of hypertensive heart disease are as follows.
- ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers to lower blood pressure
- Nitrates for chest pain (angina)
- Aspirin for the prevention of blood clots
- Statins for high cholesterol
In severe cases of hypertensive heart disease, the doctor might recommend surgery to increase the flow of blood to the heart. Additionally, if your heart rate and rhythm have to be regulated, your cardiologist might suggest the placement of a pacemaker.
Ways to prevent hypertensive heart disease
- You must monitor your blood pressure regularly to prevent it from getting high.
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet and managing stress is crucial to lowering the risk of hypertensive heart disease.
- Lifestyle changes such as getting enough sleep, maintaining a healthy weight, and exercising can prevent the development of this condition.
The best heart specialist Doctor in Mukundapur can offer an early diagnosis of hypertensive heart disease and help you to manage this condition effectively.