Abdominal bloating can occur due to several reasons. Know the common causes from the best gastroenterologist in Mukundapur.
Common causes behind a bloated stomach
A bloated stomach is often characterized by a sense of fullness or tightness in the abdomen. This can occur due to various factors like dietary changes or underlying health conditions. Get to know the common causes behind a bloated stomach from the best gastroenterologist in Mukundapur.
What are the common causes of a bloated stomach?
- Poor eating habits and overeating: Not chewing your food properly, eating very quickly and speaking while eating introduces air into your digestive tract, which contributes to bloating. On the other hand, consuming large amounts of food can affect your digestive system, resulting in bloating and discomfort.
- Gas and flatulence: The natural process of digestion produces gases like carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen. However, excess gas can occur due to the consumption of foods like beans, lentils and carbonated beverages. Moreover, the body’s inability to digest some carbohydrates can cause malabsorption, potentially leading to gas production and bloating.
- Food sensitivities and allergies: As per the best gastroenterologist in Mukundapur, some individuals might experience food allergies and sensitivities. Common food items like dairy, gluten and artificial additives often affect one’s digestive system. The response of the body’s immune system to these allergens can result in digestive inflammation and discomfort.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Some gastrointestinal disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastroenteritis or Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) can result in chronic bloating. These conditions cause disturbances in gut motility, inflammation or sensitivity.
- Fluid retention: It can occur due to hormonal fluctuations during a menstrual cycle or due to the effect of certain medications. If you experience this problem, reach out to a gastroenterologist for further evaluation.
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth: When there is an abnormal increase in bacteria in the small intestine, it can cause bloating and excessive gas production.
- Constipation: Persistent poor bowel movements with constipation can make one feel bloated. When stool starts building up in your colon, it can cause discomfort. Factors like a low-fiber diet, a sedentary lifestyle and dehydration can result in constipation.
- Gastrointestinal Infections: Bacterial or viral gastroenteritis can affect the normal functioning of your digestive system and cause inflammation. Bloating, along with abdominal pain and diarrhea, are tell-tale signs of a gastrointestinal infection. Hence, if you notice these symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.
If you constantly feel bloated, you must consult the best gastroenterologist in Mukundapur. They will thoroughly evaluate your condition and determine the underlying causes to provide you with the most effective treatment.